Wudang Shaolin Garden
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wudang Shaolin Garden

Chinese Martial Art Discussion Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Phoenix Rising Outreach at HomeFront

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SifuDonna
Admin
Admin
SifuDonna

Phoenix Rising Outreach at HomeFront Empty
PostSubject: Phoenix Rising Outreach at HomeFront   Phoenix Rising Outreach at HomeFront EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:48 pm

Tonight was out first night going to HomeFront and working with the kids. We had hoped to also work with the parents, but they preferred to watch this time and see what the kids were doing. Maybe next time we can engage the parents.

For now though:
- We had a very nice time with about 10-12 kids
- SiHing Paul, Jason and Matthew were there with me to help run the class. Mrs. Royer was also there for support as well.
- We taught out the introductory material: Focus, Concentration, Courtesy, Respect, Salute, Guard Stance, Front Lead punch, Outside deflections, animal formations and sounds.
- The kids started to lose concentration around 45 minutes in, so we cut it short. We think they liked it.
- They will try it again next month.

IF ANY OTHER STUDENTS WOULD LIKE TO JOIN US NEXT TIME TO HELP OUT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THE KIDS LIKED OTHER KIDS THERE WITH THEM AND IT MADE THEM FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE ABOUT DOING IT.

I think we will be asked to come back the first Monday of April. If you want to go, let me know and I will confirm it when it gets closer.

This is a very worthwhile effort and it gives us a chance to reach out into the community as a school and share the blessing of Kung Fu as well as a time to be "salt & light" to those who are less fortunate than ourselves. This is putting our creed into action and that is what being a Black Sash is all about.
Back to top Go down
http://wudangshaolingarden.heavenforum.com

Phoenix Rising Outreach at HomeFront
Page 1 of 1