Wudang Shaolin Garden
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wudang Shaolin Garden

Chinese Martial Art Discussion Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Circles, circles, circles

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PDellArena
Post Level-YELLOW
Post Level-YELLOW
PDellArena

Circles, circles, circles Empty
PostSubject: Circles, circles, circles   Circles, circles, circles EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 6:33 pm

"It's all about the circles"

A couple of years ago I used to read this bi-monthly online newsletter on Taiji and Kungfu from a group in California, excellent news letter I need to find the URL and post it here. One of the nice things they did was post all the back issues so you could follow a thread if it spanned more than one month.

There were several sections to the newsletter one of which being self-defense. After several months I started to notice everyone of the self defense moves they described were all based on the same principle. Swing or rotate the arm being grabbed in one circle or another, large or small, depending on the situation. And I remember thinking to myself "It's all about the circles"

After years of study with our reverent Sifus, I remain convinced, it's all about the circles. If I'm not sure that I'm holding a posture correctly, I look for the circles; if I'm not sure how to transition from one to another, I look for the circles; when I'm picturing the energy flow through my limbs, I look for the circles (okay maybe circuit would be a better word here but I was on a role and I think they share a derivation)

Anyway whether it's a curve of the arm, and arch in the air or an imaginary ball of chi it helps me.
Back to top Go down
SifuDonna
Admin
Admin
SifuDonna

Circles, circles, circles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circles, circles, circles   Circles, circles, circles EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 9:19 pm

PDellArena wrote:
"It's all about the circles"

A couple of years ago I used to read this bi-monthly online newsletter on Taiji and Kungfu from a group in California, excellent news letter I need to find the URL and post it here. One of the nice things they did was post all the back issues so you could follow a thread if it spanned more than one month.

There were several sections to the newsletter one of which being self-defense. After several months I started to notice everyone of the self defense moves they described were all based on the same principle. Swing or rotate the arm being grabbed in one circle or another, large or small, depending on the situation. And I remember thinking to myself "It's all about the circles"

After years of study with our reverent Sifus, I remain convinced, it's all about the circles. If I'm not sure that I'm holding a posture correctly, I look for the circles; if I'm not sure how to transition from one to another, I look for the circles; when I'm picturing the energy flow through my limbs, I look for the circles (okay maybe circuit would be a better word here but I was on a role and I think they share a derivation)

Anyway whether it's a curve of the arm, and arch in the air or an imaginary ball of chi it helps me.

Patrick...I love your observation! It's all about the PLUM CIRCLES BABY! They are the bomb! We have a little poetic verse that I teach:

"All transitions from one hand technique to another hand technique, involve some variation of the plum circle"

If you like that discovery...how about chewing on this one:

"All transitions from one leg technique to another leg technique involve some variation of the Xiebu"

Keep on pondering!
Back to top Go down
http://wudangshaolingarden.heavenforum.com

Circles, circles, circles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wudang Shaolin Garden :: Sharing with One Another :: Share your Training Breakthroughs-
Jump to: